There is never a lift line in Portillo. We limit the number of day tickets sold and with only 450 resort guests, it’s always smooth sailing on the mountain.
|Name||Type||Length (m / ft)||Drop (m / ft)|
|CaraCara||Va et Vient||550 m / 1804 ft||330 m / 1083 ft|
|Las Vizcachas||Va et Vient||470 m / 1542 ft||225 m / 738 ft|
|Juncalillo||Silla Triple||1053 m / 4439 ft||344 m / 1129 ft|
|Conejo||Silla Doble||267 m / 876 ft||70 m / 230 ft|
|La Laguna||Silla Cuádruple||524 m / 1719 ft||134 m / 440 ft|
|Roca Jack||Va et Vient||650 m / 2133 ft||295 m / 968 ft|
|La Princesa||Poma||105 m / 344 ft||11 m / 36 ft|
|Plateau||Silla Cuádruple||812 m / 2664 ft||321 m / 1053 ft|
|Cóndor||Va Et Vient||345 m / 1132 ft||148 m / 486 ft|
|Cumbre||Poma||310 m / 1017 ft||48.5 m / 159 ft|
|Las Lomas||Silla Triple||601 m / 1972 ft||131 m / 430 ft|
|Corralito||Poma||78 m / 256 ft||8 m / 26 ft|
|Los Canarios||Poma||322 m / 1056 ft||74 m / 223 ft|
Va Et Vient Slingshot Lifts
The famous Va et Vient (French for ‘come and go’) lifts were built by the Poma company for Portillo’s Roca Jack, Condor, Las Vizcachas and El Cara Cara runs. These runs are steep avalanche chutes, making the use of lift towers illogical. The Va et Vients are pulleys that are anchored to the mountain above which, by way of a specially designed attachment, pull 5 skiers up the mountain side by side at once. The Va et Vient lifts are recommended for expert skiers only and although they may seem intimidating at first are actually quite simple and fun once given a try.
Lift Use Guidelines
- All skiers must be aware and obey signs posted around the lift loading and unloading areas and along the towpath.
- While waiting for your turn in a ski line, skiers must prepare for loading.
- When approaching a loading area, obey instructions given by a lift operator.
- Always use the restraining bar on chair lifts.
- Do not rock the chair. Remain seated with skis pointed forward.
- Skiers should never jump from chairs.
- If a chair lift stops, remain calm and wait until it restarts or until you receive instructions from the lift crew or the ski patrol.
- Do not lift the restraining bar until instructed to do so and then leave the unloading area promptly.
- Surface Lifts
- When riding a surface lift, always remain in the designated towpath and never zig-zag.
- Unload only at designated area unless lift stops and ski patrol instructs you to unload.
- If you fall from a surface lift, try to clear the path immediately, remove skis and exit towpath.
- Leave the unloading area promptly.